Corn-Bread-Pecan Stuffing for Turkey
Makes 8 to 10 servings (for a 12 lb turkey).
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
Â¼ cup butter
6 green onions, chopped
3 jalapeÃ±o peppers, seeded and sliced
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup pecan pieces
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 Tb crumbled dried sage
1 tsp dried marjoram
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp pepper
herbed corn bread (see separate recipe)
1Â½ cups chicken or turkey stock
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, jalapeno peppers, celery, and garlic; cook, stirring, 10 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in pecans, parsley, sage, marjoram, thyme, and pepper; remove from heat.
- Stir in corn bread cubes and chicken or turkey stock.
- Stuffing can be prepared up to one day ahead; refrigerate, covered, until just before cooking turkey.
Note: wear rubber gloves when handling hot peppers.